Sometimes people get confused among Website Maintenance Services, Website Management Service and Portal Maintenance Services. Here we can define it this way. Like:
“Doing all the jobs necessary to preserve a website up to date and in good, working order so that it exercises and shows up correctly with the latest web browsers and mobile devices.”
- Modifying website content (text, images, PDF files, calendar events, etc.)
- Optimizing pages and your website look and feel so that they rank higher with search engines
- Redesigning a header section and website banner
- Testing that the website works fine with the latest web browsers / mobile devices
- Upgrading website software
- Checking error logs of the website
- Reporting website rankings and statistics
- Finding the cause why pages don’t work or why certain things don’t line up and solving them
- Troubleshooting why the web pages take more time to load.
- Testing forms
- Cleaning up junk or old files
- Formatting and sending a monthly e-newsletter and so on…
Who need and why Website Maintenance and management Services?
Minor companies who do not have employees to do Website Management Service on their own website are perfect applicants for this service. Working on their website is not a part of everyday functions as they need to usually operating their business. Making the effort to learn how to do web design and servicing effectively is not a great financial commitment soon enough as they need their employees to perform on other things. They can instead hand the work off to a group of experts with a broad scope of knowledge.
Larger sized businesses may also benefit from hiring out Website Maintenance Services because then the work doesn’t sit at the bottom of the IT Department’s to-do list. The analysis is performed professionally (up to standards) and quickly so that the web site and business welfare.
Websites needs regular maintenance like updating of content and graphics, keeping the web site current to showcase latest products and services that your business offer, communicate changes in your company, and to add latest features currently used by websites like eCommerce, SEM (search engine marketing), new technology, etc. Whatever is your line of work, you need ongoing web site maintenance to make sure that you are receiving the highest return on website investment.
Website and Portal Maintenance
Any successful website and portal required regular maintenance and support services, these Portal Maintenance Services can be of content update, maintenance and bug fixing of application, new module additions or update of CSS and style for new types of look and feel. A fresh looking website always attracts higher traffic compare to same old style website with no content update and face-lifting since the inception of website.
All web sites need to be maintained in order to keep them up to date. Some sites need daily updates while others only need occasional maintenance. Website maintenance includes revising, editing, or otherwise changing existing web pages to keep your website up to date. The periodic addition of new web pages is also part of maintenance services.